Gluten, Dairy and Egg-Free Carrot Cake
Gluten, Dairy and Egg free Carrot Cake
The ultimate healthy treat for allergy free diets...
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup Xylitol (optional for sweetening)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups brown flour (gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or lightly toasted sunflower seeds)
- Note: 1 cup = 250g!
Cook carrots, raisins, honey, margarine and spices in the water for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool completely!
Preheat oven to 180°.
Mix together the flour, baking soda, flax seeds, and walnuts and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
Pour into cake pan that you greased and lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 45 -50 minutes. Check with a skewer if the middle is cooked! Cool on a wire rack.