Wild weed pesto
3 big handfuls of foraged wild greens; Nettle, Cleavers, Dandelion leaves, Wild garlic and Plantain
5 tblsp of good EV Olive oil
3 tblsp of Apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
50g Pine nuts or cashew nuts are optional
*In spring, pick your wild weeds at least 100m away from main roadsides to keep pollutants down to a minimum. Better still, allow for a wild patch in your garden for your wild food needs.
- Nettle needs to be blanched for a minute in boiled water to reduce the sting...although, I've skipped this step and haven't stung my mouth yet!! Should have a disclaimer here..
- Squash all your lovely wild greens into the food processor.
- Add nuts here too, if using, then the vinegar.
- Blitz all the contents for a minute.
- Then drizzle in the olive oil.
- It should start to come together like a dressing, add more olive oil or vinegar to make it the consistency you require.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle on everything, add to other dressings for a zesty alive taste sensation!!